Student placements

Students can gain skills in helping clients and facilitating community development programs and activities.  However, due to high demand the Migrant Information Centre has made an agreement with Swinburne University and Box Hill TAFE to refer students completing a Diploma in Community Services directly to the MIC.  Therefore, we are NOT accepting requests for student placements from students who are completing a Diploma in Community Services.  If you are studying at Swinburne or Box Hill TAFE please speak to your placement supervisor.

With supervision, students can gain experience in a wide range of settlement programs for individuals, families and children as well as our youth programs and services to assist older people, younger people with disabilities and their carers.

All students must provide a current Police Check and Working with Children check.

Refer a student

  • Student's details

  • Supervisor's details