Migrant Information Centre (Eastern Melbourne) (MIC) extends our best wishes to our partners and supporters as we all adapt to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 pandemic. We hope you are staying safe and well.
MIC offices in both Box Hill and Ringwood are closed except for counselling which are held on Mondays at the Box Hill office and for client emergencies.
MIC has implemented the following service changes to help keep our staff, volunteers, clients and community members safe:
- Many of our activities and programs are now operating online. Please check out our online events calendar for all the up-to-date information
- Most client appointments are now being held over the phone or using video conferencing platforms. Face to face consultations are only being held by appointment for counselling and during emergencies.
- Safe social distancing and hand hygiene are being practiced by our staff and we kindly ask all those attending our offices to wear masks and make use of hand sanitiser or hand washing facilities, and to maintain safe social distancing while in the offices
- MIC continues to request staff, volunteers, clients and other visitors refrain from attending MIC offices if:
- The person has returned from overseas in the past 14 days
- The person or a member of their family household has a confirmed case of COVID-19
- The person or a member of their family/household has a suspected case of COVID-19 or is being tested for COVID-19
- The person or a member of their family/household has been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVID-19
- The person is feeling unwell or experiencing cold/flu or respiratory symptoms
MIC is currently accepting referrals for our SETS, Access and Support, Community Visitors Scheme, Family Violence Counselling and Asylum Seeker Critical Support Programs.
If you wish to make a referral or would like further information about our programs and services, please phone our office on Ph: 03 9285 4888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org