We have a range of programs that will put your skills and valuable volunteer time to good use and we provide you with training and on-going support.
- Transport Assistance to help refugees to attend appointments using public transport or a car. Volunteers are reimbursed for travel expenses.
- Homework Support Programs and Tutoring to assist children and young people with their homework and studies and how to use computers. After school programs are held in Croydon, Heathmont, Mooroolbark and Ringwood.
- Practical Support for individuals and families from refugee and migrant backgrounds to build their confidence and life skills for living in Australia.
- On-road driving practice in the MIC’s dual break car. Our Driving Mentoring Program enables refugees to gain on-road practical driving experience to complement the driving lessons they receive from registered driving instructors.
- Office work to assist us with our filing, data entry, mailing and other duties.
- Program Support to assist us to facilitate playgroups, excursions and holiday programs.
- Visiting older people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds living at home or in aged care facilities. You will have the opportunity to reduce the social isolation of older frail people.
All MIC volunteers undergo referee checks, a Police Check and Working with Children check.
For further information about these volunteer opportunities please contact us.
Volunteer with us
For more information or to apply to become an MIC volunteer.